Thursday, October 8, 2009

More fabric.


More fabric. , originally uploaded by Kristi Smart AKA ManicManx.

Once a year or so I pull all of my fabrics off the shelves. Its amazing how many pieces get stuffed behind something. I unearth forgotten treasures. Silks and velvets, Fabrics rich in texture and color. I sort and refold. I pile things according to color and potential projects. I place the accompanying trims on tops of bundles of inspiration and neatly tie them up with a selvage edge of something.
This year I got an email. "I need a coat in shades of gray that looks like a drowned pirate". I had been wanting to make a drowned pirate coat for a long time and could not convince those who want to look like the robber of the rich to go that route.
I had my bundle of gray with the ancient tattered lace waiting to be sewn up.
Perfect.

I love it when my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment