Friday, October 23, 2009

chitsaron bulaklak

The other day I walked into a Filipino grocery store and walked out with two fried lumps of mystery meat. I asked the woman what it was.
She said. "something from the pork"
"What part of the pork?"
"Hmmm. Something from the stomach." And she carefully cradled her hands under her abdomen. I thought perhaps it might be ovaries.
I ate the first one in the car. On the second one I realized I was eating almost solid fat. Nothing like fried fat with a side of fat.
When I bit into the chewy stringy parts I stopped eating and got out the camera.
Because of the stringy veined bits I now thought I was eating a testicle.
Pinupchick on etsy identified it as chitsaron bulaklak.

Im sure my cholesterol went through the roof. But it was fun and soooo tasty. So much for eating healthy this week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment