Sunday, January 11, 2009

Retro Pillows.


I remember making pillows for a craft sale back in the seventies when I was teenager attending Area H Alternative school. I had made a batch of rainbow pillows. A popular theme in 1974. Here I am in 2009 using similar themes but better techniques and talents. The fun part is in the designing and applique. As you can see I have yet to actually finish them. All fun projects have to be set aside for coat production.
This batch was started three years ago with the best of intentions. My new years resolution is to get them finished up and on my couch where people can see them and cats can lay on them.
I love the whole retro sixties seventies look for home furnishings. Cost Plus is selling those thin capiz shell curtains in Like Totally Cool Turquoise. It all reeks of Akron. That wonderful store that was hipper than hip way back when.

1 comment:

  1. I love these pillows. You must finish and then share a picture of them ON your couch! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete