Monday, June 6, 2011

1976 Rare banned Queen Poster! A Night at the Opera

Its a post about a poster.
A million years ago photographer Philip Dixon hired my sister and I to model for a risque rock poster. The band, Queen, the poster, A Night at the Opera, The year 1976. The poster went up in Tower Records on a Friday. By Monday they were pulled off the walls, banned and destroyed. There are very few left in the world.
We were paid in albums, posters, front row seats to the concert and some cash. I ended up with my first pair of boots. Earthshoe boots! I was so darn hip in those boots. I gave up the boots years later when I couldnt fit into them anymore. I just loved them. They were the height of seventies fashion.
Cleaning up around the homestead, I found a couple of posters that were squirreled away by my father. He thought they might be worth something someday. Thanks Dad!
So this is for sale. $900 (as of 2018) plus shipping. Please contact me through my website at www.kristismart.com My sister and I are splitting the loot.

2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez... so ive been looking for this poster for years. I was saving to get it for myself for christmas. I went to the etsy store and its gone :( do you have another one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same one as on the etsy site. The listing expired and I didnt renew it.
    You can contact me through this link.
    http://www.kristismart.com/

    ReplyDelete